Task #1929 (closed)
Permissions demo (Sprint 4)
|Reported by:||jamoore||Owned by:||jburel|
|Cc:||atarkowska, cxallan||Remaining Time:||0.0d|
Description (last modified by jburel) (diff)
Various tasks which will fallout from testing.
- If the admin renames the "default" group: E.g. "JRS-read_only" then users who have this group as their default group cannot log in to the server using any of the clients. insight r7111
- Thumbnailing: When viewing another users' thumbnails, no thumbnails are generated. If I update my own rendering settings 'apply to all' thumbnails not updated (see nit-pick e-mail 9th March for more details). Problem in thumbnail service
Notes from Meeting MP, AF, IP 11.3.10
- While accepting that different groups are distinct, in the fullness of time it would be nice to browse multiple groups at once, move images between groups etc.
- Would like to be able to see other users' rendering settings and apply them to your own images on a per-image or per-dataset basis (as before).
- Would like your own rendering settings to be saved on someone else's images, even in read-only mode. "Rendering settings are different" from other data/edits.
- Generally 'No' to removing a tag that someone else has added, regardless of who owns the image or tag.
- Would kinda like to "Accept/decline" a request to remove tag or make other major changes.
- Try agree a convention on allowed / disallowed activities for collaborative data http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/shoola/ticket/1212
- Default action for adding new comments should be 'conversation-like', with a blank box for typing new comment.
- Comment box should be more like a single line or two (e.g. Adium) and the Description box should be more like the current Comment box.
- History of comments should be shown, with a 'hide' option beside each comment, that simply removes it from the UI for that user ;)
- No editing of old comments.
NB. Users still unhappy about 'pretty good image' rendering settings being the default on import (prefer min-max). Also report that this has hampered acceptance of OMERO by other users.
comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by jburel
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Remaining Time changed from 1 to 0